We adore winter and Christmas weddings! People are jolly (it is the most wonderful time of the year, after all), there are mince pies in abundance and the streets are lit up with glowing festive lights, adding warmth to the cold winter sky.
If you’re choosing to get married in December and want to add some festive flare to your big day, read on. In this blog, we’ll be showing you how to create a winter wonderland wedding for your special day.
1. Decorate your tables with holly, pinecones, glitter and baubles
2. Give your guests personalised wedding baubles they can place on their tree, as a memory of the day
3. Package together decorated gingerbread biscuits and candy canes as wedding favours
4. Serve mince pies with mulled wine and cider for guests to warm up with on arrival
5. If there is a Christmas tree at the venue, use it as a backdrop for a simple photo booth, so people can take adorable festive photos
6. Place Christmas crackers on the table for dinner. The terrible jokes or trivia questions can be helpful talking points
7. Decorate the venue with fairy lights, candles and finish the evening with sparklers outside
8. Find your perfect colour scheme on Pinterest, and stick to it. We love plum and emerald, gold and red, and ice blues and whites!
9. Create your wedding bouquet using gypsophilia, holly, white and red flowers and green foliage, tied together with red ribbon. Get buttonholes to match!
10. Decorate the doors with festive wreaths
We hope this blog post has helped inspire you to make the most of a Christmas wedding.
When you book a wedding at the House and Orangery, our knowledgeable wedding team are on hand to help you create your perfect theme. We have a wonderful list of suppliers available to help you with decorating, flowers, cakes and more.
If you’re interested in discussing your upcoming wedding, please get in touch! Email email@example.com to find out more.