We adore winter and Christmas weddings! People are merry, there’s an abundance of mince pies, and the streets are lit up with festive lights, though it’s cold, there’s a warmth in the winter sky.
If you’ve got a December wedding coming up and want to add some festive flare, read on!
1. Adorn your tables with holly, pinecones, baubles and glitter, lots of glitter.
2. Personalise baubles with your guests names so they can place them on the tree and have a memory of the day
3. Stuck for wedding favours? Gingerbread biscuits and candy canes are the perfect festive solution.
4. Need to warm up your guests? Serve them with mulled wine, spiced hot apple toddy, and of course mince pies.
5. The venue’s Christmas tree is the perfect backdrop for photos, incorporate it into your day.
6. It wouldn’t be a Christmas meal without crackers, terrible jokes, trivia questions and even the hats, so lay them on the table.
7. Pinterest will provide you with some great colour scheme options, stick to them. Our favourites for this time of year are plum, emerald, gold, red, icy blues and whites.
8. Mix in gysophilia, holly, white and red flowers, and green foliage, all tied together with some red ribbon. Why not match the buttonholes?
9. Decorate the doors with wreaths and garlands galore.
10. Have fun!
When you book a wedding at the House and Orangery, our knowledgeable wedding team are on hand to help you create your perfect theme. We have a wonderful list of suppliers available to help you with decorating, flowers, cakes and more.
If you’re interested in discussing your upcoming wedding, please get in touch! Email email@example.com to find out more.